- Fixed an issue where an instance of “no-input” was detected by the controller despite inputting commands on the D-Pad.
- Addressed the issue of not being able to save changes to the D-Pad Input Settings in the HORI Device Manager.
Applies to the Following Products:
Applies to all lot numbers (“L/N”) starting with 020## on the sticker on the back of the controller. The number "##" can be any number. Please refer to the image below:
- Windows 10 / 8.1
- USB port
How to Install the New Firmware with the HORI Device Manager App
NOTE: This method works on a PC, Xbox Series X|S, and Xbox One. The HORI Device Manager App must be installed on your device to update firmware. Click the Download image below to install the App.
1. Open the “HORI Device Manager Xbox Series X Series S” App on a PC, Xbox Series X|S, or Xbox One.
2. Connect the USB plug from the Fighting Commander OCTA to the USB port of your device.
3. When the controller appears on your screen, press A.
4. The following pop up will appear. Click OK to proceed with update.
* If the pop up does not appear, please double check that your App is updated to the latest version (current version is Ver1.1.18).
5. Once the update is complete, you can now remove the USB cable from your device.
How to Install the New Firmware Manually
NOTE: This method only works on a PC.
1. Download and run “AB03-001_HORI_V409.exe”.*Depending on your security settings on your PC, this program may be flagged as unsafe or unsecure. However, running the program is safe and does not pose a threat to your computer, so please bypass any messages and run the program.
2. Confirm that you have the screen below:
3. Press and hold the MENU and VIEW buttons simultaneously and then connect the USB plug from the Fighting Commander OCTA to the USB port of your computer while continuing to hold the MENU and VIEW buttons.
Device Status will change from “OFFLINE” to “ONLINE” once the Fighting Commander OCTA has been recognized. (You may not release the MENU and VIEW buttons). Please refer to the image below:
4. Click the “DOWNLOAD” button to begin the firmware update.
5. Once the Update meter has hit 100% and “SUCCESS” has displayed, the firmware update is complete. You can now remove the USB cable from the PC.